This is an overview for non-specialists in facilitating community singing – how to lead basic physical warm ups, vocal and breathing warm up’s, rhythm and pitch games and how to teach songs ‘by ear’. It is an entirely practical workshop and handouts will not be provided.
If you feel confident to progress immediately you are welcome to attend the standard 3 day training, knowing you will need to come with song and warm-up ideas to share on the final day.
Course content will include:
- How to model and lead from the front working to your strengths
- Non verbal communication with groups
- Conducting and musical facilitation skills (including ‘counting in’)
- Teaching songs by ear unaccompanied
- Choosing material in appropriate range
- Working with musical elements of pitch, rhythm, pulse, tempo & dynamics
- Teaching simple songs in 2 parts including pacing and hand signing
- Choosing and leading appropriate warm ups linked to repertoire.